Studies have shown that the way you start off your morning heavily influences the rest of your day. A productive morning routine will lead to productive work in the day.
Although everyone’s definition of ‘productive’ is unique, there are a few things that anyone can do to improve their morning. It might not be possible to keep to your routine every morning, just focus on making the next one better.
Productive morning habits
- Wake up at the correct time! Whatever time this may be for you- just ensure it’s given you enough time to properly rest overnight, and enough time to get ready when you wake.
- Refrain from hitting snooze! Put your alarm at the other side of the room so that you have to get out of bed to switch it off.
- Have a glass of water! There are many different pros to drinking a cold glass of water as soon as you wake. It rehydrates the body, improves metabolism, strengthens your immune system and improves mental performance.
- Move around! Get your blood flowing to start your day with an energetic high. It doesn’t have to be an hour at the gym: a quick HIIT workout, some yoga, even a walk will get you warmed up for the day.
- Make a to-do list! This will give you an idea of how the rest of your day should pan out. Lists not only improve memory and productivity but will also keep you motivated and organised.
Mornings can be hard, but they don’t need to be. Even the smallest changes to your morning routine will create a noticeable improvement later on in the day.